CFPB, Federal Agencies, State Agencies, and Attorneys General
The CFPB has released its March 2016 grievance report which highlights complaints about commercial collection agency and complaints from Florida customers. The CFPB started complaints that are taking commercial collection agency in July 2013.
General findings include the immediate following:
- At the time of March 1, 2016, the CFPB managed about 834,400 complaints, including approximately 22,800 complaints in February 2016. Commercial collection agency represented about 32 per cent of complaints submitted in 2016 february. Commercial collection agency complaints, along with complaints about credit scoring and mortgages, collectively represented about 69 per cent associated with the complaints submitted in February 2016.
- Complaints about вЂњother financial servicesвЂќ showed the percentage increase that is greatest predicated on a three-month average, increasing about 66 % through the exact exact same time this past year (December 2014 to February 2014 compared to December 2015 to February 2016). This category includes complaints about debt consolidation, check cashing, credit fix, reimbursement expectation checks, and cash purchases. payday loans Vermont Complaints during those durations increased from 104 complaints in 2014/2015 to 173 complaints in 2015/2016.
- Pay day loan complaints revealed the percentage decrease that is greatest predicated on a three-month average, decreasing about 14 % through the exact exact same time a year ago December 2014 to February 2014 in contrast to December 2015 to February 2016). Complaints during those durations reduced from 466 complaints in 2014/2015 to 401 complaints in 2015/2016.
- Connecticut, Kansas, and Georgia experienced the complaint volume increases that are greatest through the exact exact same time a year ago (December 2014 to February 2014 weighed against December 2015 to February 2016) with increases of, correspondingly, 31, 30, and 25 %.
- Hawaii, Maine, and Southern Dakota experienced the best grievance amount decreases through the same time this past year (December 2014 to February 2014 weighed against December 2015 to February 2016) with decreases of, correspondingly, 25, 19, and 14 %.
Findings regarding debt collection complaints include the immediate following:
- The CFPB has managed around 219,200 commercial collection agency complaints. At the time of February 2016, commercial collection agency complaints represented about 26.3 % of total cumulative complaints.
- The essential typical dilemmas identified by customers for both very very very first- and third-party collectors involved proceeded tries to gather a financial obligation that the customer reported isn’t owed.
- The next many universal problem for first-party collections had been communication strategies (such as for example regular or duplicated phone phone phone phone calls, workplace telephone calls, and failure to honor demands to stop communications).
- The next many common problem for third-party collectors had been disclosure or verification of debts (such as for example getting inadequate information to confirm a financial obligation).
Findings regarding complaints from Florida consumers include the immediate following:
- As of March 1, 2016, more or less 80,200 complaints had been submitted by Florida consumers, of which about 27,600 (34 per cent) were from Miami customers, about 10,400 (13 %) had been from Tampa customers, and about 9,700 (12 per cent) had been from Orlando consumers.
- Mortgages were the most-complained-about item, representing 30 % associated with the complaints submitted by Florida customers and 36 per cent for the complaints submitted by Miami customers. (nationwide, mortgage complaints averaged about 26 per cent of all of the complaints gotten because of the CFPB.)
- Business collection agencies had been the most-complained-about that is second, representing 24 % regarding the complaints submitted by Florida customers and 21 per cent regarding the complaints submitted by Miami customers. (nationwide, business collection agencies complaints averaged about 26 % of most complaints gotten by the CFPB.)